Sunday, May 2, 2010

Solo road ride to Trengganu


Childhood friends are always close to my heart.Meeting them once in a while is something I always look forward to.Its just like going back in time.Talking and laughing over our old mischiefs is like a de stress process now that we are old and living in a stressful environment.
My small group of very closed childhood friends organised a get together session last weekend. It was held in Awana Kijal, a beach resort to the north of Kuantan. It is located in the district of Kijal in Trengganu. I decided to ride my bike alone from Shah Alam.I left my house at 11am on Saturday morning and reached the resort at slightly past lunch hour. Riding alone along the Karak and East Coast highway was something I had not done before. I was always riding in group along that highway. I realized how much better riding alone was. I could stop wherever and whenever I like. There was no ride leader to listen too and how nice that would be. I only stopped twice for fuel.
We had lunch at Awana and went for fresh seafood for dinner.After that it was chatting and laughing session until early morning. The apartment we put up at was comfy and cheap.Two room apartment was only RM220. It was well equipped with kitchen and utensils,air conditioned with Astro but no TV for us that night. We were very busy entertaining ourselves.
I left Awana at 12 pm on Sunday for I checked out last after settling all the bills. The ride home was smooth with slight traffic. I enjoyed the many corners along Karak Highway,had to be careful though for the bike panniers were full with preserved seafood product.I was smiling under my helmet all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers