Sunday, April 25, 2010

Aris Biketrials exploits



Wan Aris(centre)with the current world champion (right)and his minder at the 2009 world championship in China.

I guess my interest and skills has brushed on to my sons and daughter. Here is my eldest son playriding on his trials bike. The video was shot during a weekend trip to Frasers Hill.

There was no ride this weekend. I decided to spend sometime with my family instead. We spent some quality time together and reflected back on what we used to do when they were younger. Aris and Danial started cycling when they were 3 years old. Aris is the elder one of the two. I bought him a mini moto when he was 8 years old and started fun racing. He was good and used to win many local races organised by a mini moto club while his younger brother was more keen toward riding dirt bike.
Being in the motor sport circle,I knew that motor sport could not be taken seriously and used to tell my sons just that. We would just do it for fun and to learn the basics for their future biking either for personal transport or recreation.
Motor sport is expensive no matter what people say. I knew that I would not be able to support them financialy should they decide to go racing seriously. Thank god they understood the situation.
The basic skill that they acquired have provided them with the ability to ride with good judgement on the road. All the safety aspects of riding are followed i.e the wearing of helmet and safety gear,machines understanding and inspections etc.
They raced BMX for a short while before I introduced biketrials into their training regime. Finally Aris found his niche and he likes the sport very much. Sensing that he has natural skill and special interest in the sport judging from his diligence in training,I gave him full support and encouraged him to enter competitions. He managed to become the overall champion in the open category in the 2009 Singapore Biketrials National Championship. I paid for his trip to enter the final round of the 2009 world championship which was held in Ping Tang,China. It was a good experience for him.
I hope to be able to support his participations in the world championship this year and maybe get sponsors for him to enter full rounds.

2 comments:

Followers