Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dirty Old Man



Ha ha ha what a title. On the contrary I do think Im a dirty old man. I ve been dirty on most weekends all my life.......or rather been playing in the dirt....on my mountainbike or dirtbikes. Lead me to a dirt road or trail, It feels like Im going back to my natural environment everytime. It feels so natural and comfortable not unlike duck goes to water. In the course of my pursuit for recreation I have been road cycling and road motorcycling too but the satisfaction or rather lack of it always lead me back to riding offroad eventually.
There is a craze lately for bike riders to go for a long distance adventure ride overseas. I would love to get dirty doing offroad adventure overseas. It would be a fitting climax to my recreational riding career. It is a known fact that many part of the world are connected with paved roads. You can do a world tour entirely on a road bike but I am a dirt rider and want to do a dirt road tour. Due to that reason my ideal adventure would be riding in the African continent ala Paris Dakkar. It would be perfect to start in Capetown at the southernmost tip of Africa all the way up to the gulf states. The finance and preparation involved would be humongous but not impossible. Bike preparation,paper work ,carnett requirement,shipping etc,it is endless until the day I leave with anxiety not knowing what is going to happen. It would be part of of the whole adventure.
Ending up in the holy city of Mecca would be a perfect ending to my adventure....It would be the mother of all adventures. That perfect destination might cleanse this dirty old man for good....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers