Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Local touring




It has been a while since I last went for a local touring on my ER. I had the excuse when my ex school friends held a small get together session in Kuala Terengganu recently.
My bike had seen most of its usable tire life and needed to be replaced. A new set of tires and engine serviced was carried out in preparation for the journey. An old friend decided to ride his 650 DP instead of his naked 750 for his wife was to ride pillion and it would be more comfortable for her. All was set for the ride. An ER and Pegaso with their riders were ready to hit the road......again
We met at a  servo at the beginning of Karak Highway at 8.30 am Thursday and started our ride shortly after. The ride was taken at a safe and enjoyable pace and I enjoyed the cool air of the Titiwangsa range which seperates the East Coast from the west and cultures too. I absorbed the greeneries flanking the highway.
Refilled our tanks at Gambang rest stop and proceeded after a ciggy break. We arrived in Dungun and stop for a break and second refill at about noon. The ride along the coast from the small seaside town of Dungun brought back many memories when I was a very young man riding my 125cc bike together with my friends. Traffic was smooth since it was a weekday but it sure was hot coupled with the sea breeze blowing inland.
We arrived at the beach resort at slightly after lunch time and quickly changed into our casual attire (T-shirt and three quarter pants and sandal for me) and went for lunch with  two good friends who waited for us. Lunch was great but not because of its menu which seems to be the same all over the country nowadays,but because of the presence of our old friends and our nostalgic conversations.
A few of long lost friends arrived at the resort and we had a casual chats and remembering old times  before dinner. Dinner was taken at a foodcourt in Duyung where the annual  MonsoonCup is held. After dinner it was another chat session late into early morning. I retired late.
Woke up early for a breakfast  appointments with my friends at a popular local joint in Chendering. Without fail like always I would meet many old friends there especially those who work outside the state who would satisfy their cravings for local food having missed them in their normal breakfast routines. I had nasi dagang and teh , teh kacau sure taste different from teh tarik hmmmm.....
Performed friday prayer for the first time in Masjid Ladang and the sermon  was about wedding do among the muslim and what a fitting subject when school holiday is a few days away and there will be plenty of wedding invitations for me.
We had our gathering in the afternoon,many friends turned up and surely there were stories to tell. The boys adjourned to another locations and continued late into the night. I found out there was another adventure rider in the group .   He used to ride The 1200 cc German made bike but found out its too big and cumbersome eventually changed to a more manageable 650 single Austrian made DP.We planned to go riding together soon......maybe to Thailand.
Saturday morning called. We prepared for the ride home. After a simple breakfast with two friends who would sent us off, we started our ride at 9am with a heavy heart heading for Shah Alam. Kuala Terengganu has a special place in my heart, it is where all this crazy passion with bicycles and motorcycles originates. Another few hours of absorbing the joy of riding on two wheels and two stops later and  we were safely home.....and I would be  happy and contented with my 650 japs twin.





Next ride coming soon..........watch this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers