Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Adrenalin and Endorphine addict


I dont ride because I like riding. I dont ride motorcycle because I like them. Sounds confusing right?. Not really. Read on and you will understand.
Human bodies produce adrenalin and endorphine. These chemicals are not unlike drug. They are natural drugs produced by our own bodies.These chemicals are produced in the brain and injected into our blood streams. Once it is in circulation, it will bring good feelings i.e a high that can not really be described. The question is when and how does a human body would produce these chemicals?.
Adrenalin is produced when human gets excited,scared,aroused,angry and other likewise actions and reactions. Normal human being has low level of adrenalin and normally these people are sedate and live a non active lifestyle. Sporting people have high level of adrenalin. They will experience a natural high after their activities. They get uneasy and sometimes sick if they do not carry out their chosen activity. That is because they dont get regular adrenalin fix just like those hardcore drug addicts along the big drains and in dark and dirty alleys of Chow Kit. We just have to do our activity thats legal and bring out the adrenalin to get our fix. The Chow Kit guys have to beg, steal or borrow to get their fix and will put them in trouble eventually.
Endorphine is one step above adrenalin. Endorphine is produced when the activity done is of high thrill and even plain dangerous to some. To endorphine addicts dangerous activity is just child play. They know what they are doing and understand all the elements involved. The French guy who climbs tall building with his bare hand and without any safety harness is such a hardcore endorphine addict. To normal people it is a pure suicidal act.
Now back to my opening statement. I ride because it is the only way I can bring out the adrenalin and endorphine in me. Riding in my own style is the best way to get my fix.
I dont ride a hundred thousand ringgit motorcycle, I dont wear thousand ringgit worth of branded riding gear because they do not bring out the endorphine in me but riding them the way I like, would. Its not neccessary though, I can do it on a cheaper bike and in cheaper riding gear in my own chosen environment and just as good.
I love riding off road because I can get my fix by pulling dangerous stunts without upsetting others. Its between me, my riding buddies and the natural environment where we are in full control. Trees dont hit us but we hit them,rocks dont throw themselves at us, we throw ourselves at them, so no issues there.
To ride the street on your motorcycle that cost as much as a small house and suiting up with riding gear befitting a professional racer just to get a fix, is purely suicidal. We are not in hundred percent control of the various elements on the road unless.......you are a poseur just like a nineteen year old kid with pimples trying to impress college girls or a man with lotsa money and rides once in a bluemoon who demands public attention for having so little self confidence or self.......whatever.
I always choose my ride based on the level of adrenalin and endorphine it will produced for me. If it does not produce enough dosage for my fix, no thank you. I set my standard, not some ride leaders. The same goes for road touring. If its the destination and not the journey, I would rather fly.
Now go ride and pull wheelies, do drops and jumps,do whatever that will give you a fix but do it offroad and........ get high. I have been getting high since I was 13 years old stunting and trailriding my bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers