Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Lakeside Trail repeated


I think I have found my dream trail. A two to three hour ride thats closer to home. It has everything that a real dirtbike trail has to offer. A single track trail with plenty of challenges thrown in such as fallen logs,slippery climbs and even a mudhole. I have ridden the trail last weekend but could not really learnt it since it was my first pass. I decided to make another run and this time more prepared. I had a new set of brushguard fitted to my handlbar. The fear of sudden stops and falling on my head was allienated. The vines would make a habit of grabbing your front brake lever unexpectedly and throws you down. I fully recommend to have the guards fitted for riders who like to ride this sort of singletrack trails.




We have an additional companion for this ride.The three of us sat for breakfirst and headed for the trail a bit later than usual. After 15 minutes of tarmac ride we reached the trailhead. I made a dash at it followed by Meor and Mifthah who were riding on identical bikes.
Being on my second ride on the trail, I knew where I could speed up and where to slow down. I knew exactly where the obstacles were.


I made through the first two big pieces of fallen logs with ease. I stopped and coached the two riders behind me on log hopping techniques. Both of them made it without major assistance. We proceeded on until the mudhole, where a little bit of trail repair work has to be carried out. All of us made it through without major problems. We took a break at midway point partly to gather back our strength and also to enjoy the fresh air of the forest.The sounds of the jungle was always music to our ears.
We went for a short recce of the forest but it was not to be yet. I decided that we should continue on the trail that we took last weekend. There were another three pieces of big logs that we have to clear before we could reach the trailend. There was nothing to worry about and proceeded with the ride. The first log immediately after our resting point was cleared without much drama. I was really happy for the two riders. They were fast learner.





In dirt biking normally you sit on a dirtbike but sometimes it can be the otherway round. Sometimes they sit on you!!!. Meor had a minor spill when the chain on his bike fell off during a short climb.The bike fell on top of him but thank god there was nothing serious.



We have conquered four logs so far and there was only one more to go but this one was the the hardest. We enjoyed the singletrack ride heading for the last piece of major obstacle. I was very surprised when we managed to clear the log much easier than what we had to go through last weekend. We had a short rest before cruising to the trailend and rode back to our starting point for a cooling down drink.
Pepsi never tasted so good.

2 comments:

  1. Climbing logs - something i havent tried yet but looks nervously fun. I always imagine the fear of not being able to step a foot down onto something when the bike is hanging on the obstacles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, i feel excited after read ur story+ pics. Hoping that one day i got the chance to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers