Sunday, March 21, 2010

Singletracking Bukit Bandaraya Lake








Most of my riding buddies were away for the weekend.They rode their big bikes to Trengganu and would ve spent the weekend frolicking in the sun and sand of Pulai Perhentian. I was not able to join due to some personal reasons.On Saturday I received a call from Meor asking for my plan for the weekend. Naturally it is going to be another trail ride and he would join me, just the two of us. Actually my plan was to do some skill training ride at some empty spot in Bukit Bandaraya.
It was raining heavily in the morning so I prolonged my sleep and woke up at 9 o`clock. Got a message from Meor saying that he was waiting for me for breakfast at Mirasa Restaurant. I joint him at 9.30 and have discussions while waiting for the sun to shine again and dry up our intended trail a little bit.
We started our ride from the restaurant at about 10.15 and headed for Bukit Bandaraya. We did some fun riding at our riding spot when I got this brilliant idea to do a recce ride along the perimeter of The Bukit Bandaraya Lake. The lake is a popular spot for anglers.There is a walking trail around the lake created by these anglers and we decided to follow the trail and see where it ends. I ve heard few reports saying that we can completely circle the lake on the walking trail,well being me, I would prefer to check it out for myself.
I was fully aware that we were not prepared for any serious eventualities. I was wearing sneakers,jean and short sleeve T-shirt but at least Meor was in full gear.On top of that I did not bring any drinking water but Meor got some on him.I was being complacent at worst.
The trail started very well,a bit slippery but manageable. We had to overcome a fallen log but whats in a log?. The trail started to get worse and we were getting tired due to many logs that we have to ride over.
The sun was getting very strong. I glanced at my watch and it was already 12.30 pm. Towards the end of the trail we came accross a fallen log about 3 feet high and was positioned unfavourably. To make it worse,there was a small river with running water immediately after the log. Hmmmm....some major work here no doubt. Most of our energy were spent overcoming this obstacle and we ran out of drinking water. We needed plenty of rest at this spot. We continued riding on the nice singletrack under canopy. We had to stop again to clear some vines which halted our smooth progress.
We made it out of the forest safely and had to ride along the construction site at Setia Alam and proceeded via Bukit Bandaraya to reach Mirasa at 2.45 pm.It was the most challenging ride for a while yet made worst with only two riders which require more energy to survive the trail.
We will definitely ride the trail again but next time I would be more prepared. My partner in crime mentioned to me that he learnt a lot of technique on how to ride over logs. At least my original plan of a training ride was not wasted he he he

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers